To prepare a smooth canvas for your makeup, always start off with clean, moisturized skin. You'll find that your makeup glides on and blends more easily.
- Keep your skin free of buildup by using a gentle cleanser in the morning and at night. When cleansing your face, do so gently in upward motion stokes - do not tug, pull or scrub too hard to prevent irritation.
- Freshen up your skin with a toner containing ingredients that suit your skin type.
- Indulge your skin and keep it hydrated with a moisturizer that is compatable with your skin type. Make sure your daytime moisturizer contains SPF to protect your skin from the sun's harmful rays.
- Treat yourself to an at-home-facial 2 to 3 times a week. Use a mild cleanser, then exfoliate with a gentle scrub that contains exfoliants that are round and non-abrasive.
- Apply a facial mask after exfoliating. Rinse off thoroughly and get a good night's sleep!
Tip: Even when you're steering clear of the sun, or it appears to be a cloudy day, always be sure your makeup foundation or moisturizer contains SPF 15 or higher.
credit to makeuptip.com